Current Release: 6.1.0
Released on Thursday, Jan 11, 2018
Overview of changes since 6.0.8 release.
The changes since the prerelease 6.1.0-rc1 contain few bug fixes and improvements of the CI.
Other process’ changes:
Material model changes
Testing and documentation:
- Insitu visualization with ParaView Catalyst. See presentation. #1744, #1732. As a consequence VTK 7.1 is now required.
- Benchmark docs are now part of the code (in
web/content) and can contain
interactive 3D visualizations via vtk.js. #1706, #1714, #1723, #1729.
- Migrated handling of test data files from git-submodule to git-lfs, see docs. #1964, #1982, #1984, #2010, #2012.
Now git-lfs is required. Check the installation instructions.
- Fully moved to Conan for automatic third-party library handling. Can be enabled with
OGS_USE_CONAN=ON, see docs. #1907
- Conan version 1.0 is now required.
- Dropped travis CI environment and added few new tests on Jenkins because of simpler maintenance.
CMake options changes:
OGS_EIGEN_DYNAMIC_SHAPE_MATRICES defaults to OFF on Release
config, ON otherwise. Can be overridden by explicitly setting the option. #1673
OGS_EIGEN_INITIALIZE_MATRICES_BY_NAN defaults to ON for easier spotting of non-initialized matrices. When OFF, the Eigen’s default initialization to 0 is skipped resulting in slightly faster execution. https://github.com/ufz/ogs/pull/1917
- Set default Eigen’s cmake flag disabling vectorization since this lead to several problems in different environments. https://github.com/ufz/ogs/pull/1919 and the issue linked there https://github.com/ufz/ogs/issues/1881
- PETSc config is tested on Jenkins (envinf1)
- OGS binaries are provided as eve / envinf1 modules. See docs for details. #1753
- Migrated Data Explorer to Qt5. #1622, #1625
- Windows builds are tested on MSVC 2017 on own hardware and on MSVC 2015 on AppVeyor. #1802
- Minimum GCC version is 4.9 (tested on Travis and Docker builds), 6.2 is tested on UFZ cluster system (envinf1). #1810
- Removed Windows 32-bit builds from testing –> no Windows XP binaries are provided anymore. #1988
- Migrated Jenkins Pipeline scripts to new syntax called Declarative Pipeline. #1976
- Tests to check the gradient of shape function by comparing the given and the computed element volumes (https://github.com/ufz/ogs/pull/1873).
Latest development version
Here you can find the latest version of OpenGeoSys. But be warned: although this version was
successfully tested by the continuous integration system it may be unstable or incomplete...