Once you have submitted a merge request the code review process kicks in which can be summarized as:
- A core developer picks your MR for review.
- The core developer checks your code in respect to e.g. style and correctness.
- The core developer may also give hints on how to improve the code regarding to e.g. readability or performance.
- You iterate (make modifications) on the code.
- The core developer again checks the code and finally approves the changes.
- If also the CI is happy (all checks and tests did pass) the MR is merged.
For more information on merge requests see the GitLab documentation.
How to request a code review
To request a code review set the merge request label to
If you do not want a reviewer to have a look, e.g. because you are currently working on the MR you can set the merge request label to
workflow::in development or
workflow::paused (disables CI).
How to indicate that the MR is ready for merge
- Set the merge request label to
- Remove the
Draft-flag (if you have set it previously)
How to checkout a MR from another developer locally
On the merge request page in the first box which contains information on the MR author and branch name there is button labelled
Check out branch which will show you instructions on how to locally checkout this MR:
This article was written by Lars Bilke. If you are missing something or you find an error please let us know.
Generated with Hugo 0.79.0. Last revision: July 17, 2021
Commit: [web] Added hint on how to checkout MR branch. 59631f84
| Edit this page on